Urgent Veterinary Care
Park Animal Hospital provides urgent vet care for cats and dogs during our regular clinic hours.
Urgent Care Veterinary Services
If your pet is experiencing symptoms or behaviors that are concerning you, contact our animal hospital immediately. Or, if it is outside our regular hours, contact the emergency pet hospital location above.
The reliable and compassionate team at Park Animal Hospital offers veterinary care for pets in most urgent care situations. Animals are our passion, we take pride in providing quality medical care when your pet needs it most.
Steps to Take In A Pet Emergency
If your pet is experiencing a veterinary emergency, follow the steps below.
- Call Ahead If Possible - During regular business hours call us right away. After hours, call the emergency animal hospital listed above to let them know you are on the way.
- Follow Instructions Provided - When you call to let the emergency pet hospital know you are on your way, instructions may be provided to help you apply first aid or otherwise make your pet as comfortable. Follow these instructions carefully.
- Remain Calm - Remain calm and be extra careful around your pet. When an animal is in pain they often react negatively towards anyone trying to help and could bite or scratch.
- Bring Your Pet In For Care - Don't put yourself at risk! Bring your pet in to Park Animal Hospital or the after-hours emergency hospital location above as soon as you can.
Urgent Care FAQs
Read through some of our most frequently asked questions here to learn more about bringing your pet in for an urgent care veterinary appointment at Park Animal Hospital.
- Do I need to call ahead?
At Park Animal Hospital, we provide urgent veterinary care for dogs and cats during our regular hospital hours. It is always best to contact us in advance when it's possible, but we know that in emergency situations you have to move quickly.
If we can't fit you into our schedule, we recommend that you visit the after-hours emergency vet shown above.
- When is your clinic open?
Our veterinarians see emergency cases during our regular business hours:
- Monday: 09:00 am - 06:00 pm
- Tuesday: 09:00 am - 06:00 pm
- Wednesday: 09:00 am - 06:00 pm
- Thursday: 09:00 am - 06:00 pm
- Friday: 09:00 am - 06:00 pm
- Saturday: 08:00 am - 04:30 pm
- Sunday: 08:00 am - 04:30 pm
- What situations require urgent veterinary care?
The following situations are examples of emergencies that require immediate care:
- Refusal to drink for 24 hours or more
- Severe bleeding or bleeding that doesn't stop
- Obvious signs of pain or extreme anxiety
- Fractured bones or severe lameness
- Your pet has ingested something poisonous (such as antifreeze, xylitol, chocolate, rodent poison, etc.)
- Heat stress or heatstroke
- Seizures and/or staggering
- Bleeding from nose, mouth, rectum, or blood in the urine
- Choking, difficulty breathing, or continuous coughing/gagging
- Inability to urinate or pass feces, or pain associated with urinating or passing feces
- Severe vomiting or diarrhea; 2+ episodes in 24-hours
- Injuries to the eye(s)
- How long will we have to wait to see the vet?
Our Simi Valley animal hospital is just like a human doctor's office—it can be unpredictable and you may have to wait.
We cannot predict what cases we will see and when they will arrive. If possible, call ahead to find out whether we are able to provide urgenty care for your dog or cat.
If we are unable to fit an emergency appointment into our vet's schedule we recommend that you visit the 24/7 animal emergency hospital detailed above.
- What happens if my pet needs to stay in the hospital?
Some veterinary emergencies require intensive overnight care. At Park Animal Hospital we provide overnight care for animals in need.
While in our care, our dedicated team will treat your pet as if they were our own.
- What types of animals do you treat?
Our urgent care veterinarians are mostly experienced with cats and dogs, but will see other small animals, such as birds and rodents, in serious situations.